Wednesday, May 24, 2006

wrath of the injured

There's nothing like the prospect of having to use crutches for 8 weeks to bring out the rage. If there one could identify a "benefit" from my situation it would be that I was able to get a handicapped parking pass that's good for the next few months. At work I can park reasonably close to the building I work in and only have to cross a small courtyard and climb a couple of half-flights of stairs.

This afternoon parking around work was insane because of a minor league baseball game going on across the street. I got back from lunch and all of the handicapped spaces were taken, as well as any reasonably nearby non-handicapped spots. But one of the cars didn't have a handicapped pass on it (it's always kind of a giveaway when you have a giant SUV that anyone moderately physically challenged would find impossible to climb in and out of). And oh, the parking authorities were notified. I stopped short of staying until the police were called to have the car towed, but I really hope the asshole ends up with the $250 fine.

It's not that having to park farther away once pisses me off. It's that when you have to walk around on crutches every fucking second of a day you won't take any bullshit from the part of the population that doesn't have to use their gimpy fore-appendages to transport their entire body weight.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like someone needs a milkshake.

elsacapuntas said...

seriously. or at least a bar of nice chocolate.