Thursday, May 18, 2006

bring your milkshake to MY yard

I really would like a milkshake right now. Just thought I'd let you all know.

I am a big fan of milkshakes, but I don't even know how to make them. The advertisement at many places claiming their milkshakes are "hand-dipped" suggests to me that hand-dipping is somehow essential, if only because it sounds dirty.

I do know a good milkshake when I see one though - real ice cream of the flavor of the milkshake. If it's strawberry there damn well better be bits of strawberry in it. There's a place around here that makes a chocolate milkshake by adding, I think, chocolate syrup to a vanilla milkshake. This is not a chocolate milkshake. They do, however, make a peppermint milkshake in the winter months with crushed peppermint candies in it that is awesome.

Milkshakes should also be served with just a little whipped cream and a cherry on top. Places that don't do that are just never really gonna cut it for me, however good the main substance of the milkshake.

Once I had a milkshake at a White Castle. Or, rather, "milkshake," as the thing I actually consumed was more semblance of food than actual food, quite like their little sandwich "hamburger" things.

To this day the best milkshakes I've ever had have come from Blossom Deli in downtown Charleston, WV. Those things are the shit.

1 comment:

Lisa B. said...

Milkshake recipe:

Ice cream in desired flavor
Milk
Blender

Scoop some ice cream into blender pitcher. Add some milk (more=runny milkshake; less=thick milkshake).

Blend.

Slurp, spoon or drink.