Friday, January 19, 2007

vagina friday!

Really, I don't look for the vagina-related news; it finds me.

-A new movie about vagina dentata, (aka "thorny ladyflower" aka "fang tang"). Made by a man, natch!
-Menstruation-related ephemera from the Museum of Menstruation and Women's Health. the museum is in Germany, and run by a man who's sensitive about menstruation (but not Dave Foley). The website is so terrible it makes my head explode and is virtually unnavigable.Old ads for feminine hygiene products, including one that came with 3-D glasses! Pamphlets designed to simultaneously educate pubescent girls about the bodily functions no one wants to talk about and make sure they feel good 'n' ashamed about it! Oh, and naked Danish cartoon teens from the 70's. I don't know what they're saying, but I think it has something to do with feeling 'fresh' for a date with that hot 45-year old dude at the discotheque.

Danish menstrual pad ad

No comments: