Tuesday, January 02, 2007

return to routine

Pre-vacation December was hell, due to a combination of legal things, massive work bullshit, frenzied grad school application preparation, holiday things, and ongoing inability to have money in my checking account for longer than a week after I get paid. The whole Christmas thing was a much-needed break. I went to my sister's place in [city next to] Norfolk, Virginia, and had a pretty nice time knitting and spending time with the fam and making cocktails out of vodka and whatever else she had in her house.

Dick was in New York for Baby Jesus Day, and I flew up there the day after Xmas. We had a lovely time. Details of our adventures are forthcomning, but for now let me say that the most suprising things about our trip was how sore my feet and leg muscles got after a couple days of walking around and how damn much we missed the kitties. They, apparently, missed us too, and since we got back three days ago it's been a human/kitty love fest. Except for this morning at 4:00 am, when Astro Cat decided it was time to run around the house and Macy Cat decided it was time to eat the Christmas tree.

No comments: