Wednesday, January 31, 2007

cubicle skirt

I finished the skirt out of the cubicle fabric last night, and wore it to work today. This was the first time I made a skirt from this pattern on my own (my mom helped with pinky skirt), and I endeavored to follow all the instructions and do everything all good 'n' proper. I also wanted to add a lining to make the skirt warmer and less translucent. I found some instructions and managed to figure it out, so now it's business on the outside, white cotton with light pink polka dots on the inside.

It seemed to take forever to put it together, and having to hem two skirt bottoms (once for the skirt, once for the lining) was a drag. But it was a good learning experience. It still has many imperfections, but I love wearing this skirt. It's flouncy and a little poufy and in general fun to wear.

On:
cubicle skirt

Off, with glimpse of the lining, and cat:

cubicle skirt and bonnie

No comments: