Friday, January 05, 2007

i am totally into self-referential clothing

Which is why I just bought two yards of this:

cubicle fabric

I can't wait to make a skirt out of this and wear it to work, which looks just like the design on the fabric, except that at my office some of the particularly anti-social computer programmers rigged up makeshift cardboard doors on their cubes.

I'm thinking of using the same pattern I used for pinky skirt, which I've been wanting to make again since the pink seersuckerish fabric is a bit out of season at the moment.

But I really need to stop buying fabric until I actually complete some of the projects I dream up and purchase supplies for. I want my weekend project to be cleaning out the 3rd bedroom in our house enough to be able to use the sewing space for sewing, but putting together grad school apps may take precedence.

By the way, I bought it at ReproDepot.com, which is awesome.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

slm

Anonymous said...

THREE BEE ARR

Anonymous said...

"But I really need to stop buying fabric until I actually complete some of the projects I dream up and purchase supplies for."

Hahahahahahahah! Good luck with that ... if you figure out how to make yourself do that please let me know.