Friday, June 23, 2006

take that, cast!

I have a nurse to thank for it, but the hot pink cast suffered a swift death at the hands (teeth?) of a mini circular saw. I was a little frightened when the nurse put that thing through the cast, but amazingly it didn't make any large gashes in my skin. I mean, in addition to the still-healing one from the surgery.

So, yep, I'm cast free. In its place I'm now wearing a walking cast "boot" thing that looks like a ski boot, but with less range of motion and without that weird forward-leaning effect. Over the next week I'll be gradually getting used to putting weight on my left (injured) foot until I can walk without crutches. So, no cup-carrying yet, but it is soon to come. The doc also gave me the green light to swim, and thinks I probably won't be needing physical therapy to strengthen my atrophied muscles. Huzzah! It is a good day. A day that behooves drinking.

No comments: