Tuesday, June 06, 2006

mark e. smith on english soccer (er, football)

When I first read this, I had a hard time believing it wasn't just very well-written parody. But with Mark E. Smith, all things are possible. And can I say how much I love The Guardian for printing this sort of thing?

"What Sven could learn from me,"
by Mark E. Smith

Running the national football team is very much like running my group, the Fall. As a manager, you've got to maintain a certain detachment from your players, and it's the same with my musicians. When we're on tour, I sit at the back of the bus. We're friendly but the secret of it is never get too ally-pally...

1 comment:

elsacapuntas said...

you know, i'm not really sure, though i bet that Guardian article would have some insight. i wonder if the english football team has ever tried getting rid of unwanted players with the airport bar tactic.