Tuesday, June 27, 2006

fuck you, day!

It's been a demoralizing day, and it's only barely past lunch. Sample:

-Power went out in my apartment while I was getting ready for work, for no apparent reason (it wasn't even raining)
-Forgot my access badge for work
-Got soaked by a sudden rainstorm while waiting to be picked up after lunch
-Thought had resolved issue that caused significant other and I to not sign lease yesterday with new slum landlord, only to discover that slum landlord had a new evil plan in store: to make us go through the rigamarole of lease signing and deposit-paying only to tell us that they, the landlord, would not be signing the lease until they had completed the background check. So now these people have my money, and I don't even have a real lease.
-Have gotten absolutely nothing done at work today

Right now I'm thinking maybe I should avoid turning on the stove and using any power tools until I'm solidly into Wednesday.

No comments: