Tuesday, June 20, 2006

I made it myself!


pink skirt
Originally uploaded by elsacapuntas.
I am so very excited. After many years of wanting a sewing machine, I finally inherited a sturdy little machine from a great aunt. And, after many years of wanting to, I'm finally learning to sew clothing. This is my first finished product - a simple slightly pleated skirt made out of a very lightweight cotton. The pattern is very versatile, so I'm thinking I can make many versions out of different kinds of fabrics and patterns. I have a dream to do one in black silk dupioni, but I'll probably pick up something a little cheaper for skirt #2.

4 comments:

Ayah said...

i've been looking for a free sturdy machine for years... nice skirt!

-ayah

www.ayahyoung.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

YOU ROCK!! cute cute cute!!

Anonymous said...

when are you going to make my one-sided banana hammock?

elsacapuntas said...

when i learn how to sew spandex items. and when i find the appropriate ripe-banana color of spandex fabric.