Monday, August 06, 2007

not thinking about moving things

As of last Tuesday we are out of our house, having survived the moving out process. All of our stuff is in one of these guys in some warehouse, happily sitting around in a climate that is no higher than 75 degrees. It was all incredibly tiring and stressful, and if you want me to relate the trials and tribulations you'll have to provide me with at least one hearty serving of a delicious and refreshing alcoholic beverage. Barring that, let's talk about something else. Like commuting!

I've already discovered the (not surprising) suckitude of our region's public transportation. I thought I'd worked out a nice plan though: my dad works near the main bus transfer station in the big technology park, so he could drop me off there on his way to work. The bus I'd take goes straight from the main station to the station near where I work, taking only 15 minutes. Then I found out my dad is going to out of town for nearly the entire time I'd be making this commute.

I could use the park 'n' ride at the bus transfer station, but that might end up being more expensive than driving (15 mile trip driving vs. 6 miles driving and $3.20 for the round trip on the bus). But is it worth a little extra to do something good for the environment? And maybe save me the mind-numbing highway driving?

No comments: