Friday, April 21, 2006

irish flu

What's the best music to listen to when you are hung over?

This is the question I have been presented with this morning, as I am, indeed, hung over. Hung over and at work, which is not usually the case for me. I though The Salsoul Orchestra would provide some funky therapy to my barely-functional brain, but I was terribly wrong. "Tangerine" was just a little too much uppity disco and my head nearly exploded. So I thought I might ask the above question to the minions of the Internets. Then I realized I probably already knew the answers many of you would give.

htrouser: Fela!

dickumbrage: Reggae!

jason!: 1990's rave music!

So, what's your musical hair of the dog?

2 comments:

Lisa B. said...

Isn't "Sunday Morning Coming Down" like, THE OFFICIAL hangeover song (either Kristofferson's or the Johnny Cash version)?

But I was about to toss out some answers and then I realized I hardly ever get hangovers anymore because I don't drink the way I used to. But I have memories of the Minutemen being hangover music.

But these days I think I would agree with Dick Umbrage, or I would go with some kind of Brazilian or latin electro-fusion something or other --like maybe DJ Dolores or Nortec Collective. Or maybe I would just listen to The Wedding Present's George Best because I always like listening to that album ...

Anonymous said...

Actually, 1990's Techo is my late night road trip music. Hangover music is either a) anything ambient (Brian Eno, Aphex Twin 'Ambient Works' albums, etc) or b) Tuvan Throat singing (as a counterpoint to any throat noises I'd be making).

I'd suggest my never fail hangover cure, but you're at work.