Thursday, April 28, 2005

procrastination, old-school style

As I spend my not-so-highly paid time writing a blog post, in addition to checking email every 15 minutes or more, reading others blogs, searching for a store location near me, etc., I have to wonder...how did people procrastinate at work before the internet? Or even before computers, since even young'un me can remember a pre-internet-infestation time of computers replete with the quick minimizing of solitaire and minesweeper windows at the sound of a boss' footsteps on the industrial-grade carpet.

My only indication so far is from one of my favorite songs by The Fall, "An Older Lover etc."

Get ready for old stories
Of teenage sex
From the early sixties
Under cover
Behind office desks

2 comments:

elsacapuntas said...

I can't promise I'll quote from The Fall all the time, but I can guarantee a certain percentage of blogs posts will be written in Mark E. Smith-speak, if you know what i mean-uuh.

Lisa B. said...

Word!