Wednesday, April 20, 2005

food i have eaten so far today

1. Bowl of Vanilla Creme Frosted Mini Wheats. Sort of like eating a bowl of normal frosted mini wheats with diet vanilla coke instead of milk. Nasty, but not as nasty as the other cereal option at my mom's house this morning, Peanut Butter Cinnamon Toast Crunch. Plus the Mini Wheats give you fiber with your nasty, which I prefer to the 12 Essential Vitamins and Minerals of the Toast Crunch.
2. Travel mug full of coffee with sugar. This also came from my mom's pantry, and fortunately her taste for the most disgusting breakfast cereals on the market is countered by a keen particularity when it comes to breakfast beverages. This particular pot of coffee was made from beans special ordered from a tiny place in the Appalachian hamlet/Confederate hold-out of Lexington, VA that roasts their own beans. This bean is called "General's Blend" (named after Granddaddy Lee) and is the complete shit. The stuff was so fresh it's practically made me high.
3. Plate full of Chex Mix (Traditional). An enourmous bag of this stuff has been sitting around at work, and I have come to determine that one of the key seasonings is crack, as I have developed a crack-addiction-like need to eat platefuls of this stuff around 11:00am for the last three days. And I must be building up a tolerance to the stuff, because today it took two plates to provide the same shudder of sudden electrolyte imbalance I got from one plate of salty goodness two days ago. Combined with the General's crack coffee, I feel as though I'm about to hatch into some sort of lizard creature, not unlike the little girl in 80's mini-series "V."

No comments: