Wednesday, April 06, 2005

behold, the sharpened pencil

Once I had a dream that I was sleeping in my parents's house. In the dream I awoke to find that the house had been broken into by a burglar who made himself known by singing in the kitchen on the first floor. My parents and I were rather afraid and convened in their room. My dad proceded to arm my mom and I with the nearest available weapons to battle the singing burglar. Mom got a straight pin and I got a very sharp pencil. From then on my weapon of choice has been the very sharp pencil, and my suburban superhero persona "El Sacapuntas," The Pencil Sharpener.

This should not be confused with my much longer running woodland fantasy persona, Warrior Princess, which I still kind of prefer because in my estimation it involves me wearing fringed buckskin pants. Hot.

No comments: