Friday, May 13, 2005

boredoms bliss

Ah, thank you Japanese noise-rock heroes Boredoms for providing my daily dose of the sublime. The 18-year-old group (ooh, does that mean I can have sex with it now?) has just released a new one in the U.S. on Vice Records. This one contains two long tracks that fall wonderfully outside my expectations for noise-rock: "Seadrum" clocks in at 23:03 and sounds more like jazz in the rhapsodic, spiritual fervor of Eddie Gale (and the vocals sound quite alot like Joann Stevens-Gale, featured on Gale's Ghetto Music and Black Rhythm Happening); "House of Sun" runs barely shorter at 20:03 and is a hypnotic, Eastern-inflected droney affair. Add it all up and you get forty-three minutes and six seconds of FUCKING AMAZING shit.

I'd post links to the tracks, if I could get my damn file transfer client to work.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

try http://www.yousendit.com