Sunday, December 16, 2007

stay-inside day

The weather today is superlatively nasty - not snow, which is fluffy and nice, but raining ice and 30 mph gusts of wind. I have decided that it is a day for enjoying air-tight home construction. Dick, however, wins the award for most-hard southern transplant, as he has left to brave broken subway trains and a foot of icy snow on the ground to cover a faux Boston Tea Party (i.e., no actual tea thrown in the harbor) put on by supporters of Ron Paul for his blogging gig. Before the gross weather showed up I was going to join him, but instead I'm sitting in the couch under a warm blanket, eating delicious vegetarian chili, and watching season 1 of "Buffy."

Speaking of Ron Paul, is it just me or is his anthem the catchiest jangle pop I've heard in ages? Just wait for the organ and 'la-la-la's about three quarters of the way through.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sing it!

I don't want no funding for no public schools,
I barely believe in government at all,
I want weed but hate to pay my taxes,
Bring me that Hobbesian state of nature!

Yeah! Catchy! Even if the last line doesn't rhyme.

elsacapuntas said...

dude, dr. paul is not down with the post-1787, non-rhyming version of his song. this is not what our forefathers intended! beware the revenge of his pasty minions.