Tuesday, April 10, 2007

i've lost my faith in shipping

I've been burned by the world of shipping.

First, a package containing a lace scarf I knitted for my sister's birthday with my own widdle hands got lost. I shipped it USPS Priority Mail, and didn't get any sort of delivery confirmation, so it's pretty much lost in the great dark chasm of untrackable mail. Perhaps it's on the Island of Misfit Mail, or perhaps it was eaten on her doorstep by a vicious paper-and-wool-eating feral cat. We may never know, and I figured I'd learned my lesson about not paying the extra 50 cents for delivery confirmation.

Yesterday, a package containing a rather expensive coat I purchased on bluefly.com, in preparation for the move to Beantown, disappeared from my front porch. This time the shipper was DHL, and proved that even delivery confirmation doesn't prevent your package from being stolen off your freaking porch. I'm a bit pissed at the DHL delivery person for leaving a big ass package that says "Hello! I' m a big package from an online designer outlet!" on my front porch, as opposed to the much less visible back deck, but whatev. It's gone, and they don't have that coat in my size any more, and I have to wait "up to twelve days" for bluefly to conduct its investigation before I can get my $140 back.

I'm totally switching to Trystero.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

WE ALREADY HAVE A POSTAL HORN

Lisa B. said...

There is a porch package thief running around Durham ... lots of folks in my neighborhood have had stuff stolen off their porches lately. One woman caught the guy red-handed and chased him down the street. he dropped the package but kept running.

I'm thinking of putting all the dogshit I pick up from my backyard into a FedEx box, addressing it to myself and leaving it prominently on my front porch just to mess with the guy. Don't you have some used kitty litter you need to get rid of?

elsacapuntas said...

Oh, do I. That is a brilliant idea.