Tuesday, February 28, 2006

next time take the sidewalk

You know what really gets my goat? People riding bicycles against traffic. I encountered such a person on my drive to work this morning. Now, the people I've seen do this aren't really the hardcore cyclist. In fact, they usually seem like they don't really know why they're on a bicycle in the first place, though it probably has to do multiple DUI charges. Thus, not only is there a bike coming towards you on a busy city street, but the person does that pseudo-slalom move, since people who haven't ridden a bike in 30 years have trouble going straight.

I'm not really sure what makes someone think riding against traffic on a bike is somehow a good idea, when driving a car against traffic (which, by the way, I also witnessed today)is generally a sign of mental defeciency. Most of the time I'd be the one to say that motorists' behavior around cyclists needs to be better enforced, but in this instance the person on that bike should have been slapped with a big ol' fine.

No comments: