Wednesday, February 22, 2006

a good cranky rant

I am cranky this morning.

For one, I am poor. This isn't usually the case, but I stupidly spent over my budget the last two weeks, and consequently I had to delay paying a big bill until this next paycheck, out of which I also have to pay rent. The result is a depressingly small amount left in my checking account until payday next friday, which I am trying to budget the maximum entertainment (i.e., beer) I can afford and still be able to eat meals that contain protein and vegetables for the next ten days.

Also, I'm really sleepy. Usually, anything more than 8 hours of sleep makes me feel more groggy than rested. For the last week or so, however, my body seems to be demanding something around 9 hours of sleep. And I'm not so much a snooze-hitter as I am a go-back-to-sleep-while-the-alarm-is-still-playing person, which means I've been getting out of bed an average of 9 minutes before I'm supposed to leave for work.

Once I get to work, I'm still falling asleep at my desk, so I go for some of the complimentary office coffee. The office coffee is utter shite. I mean, it's amazing that 300 people drink this crap every day without rioting. I wish American coffee companies would take a hint from the French and at least burn the cheap ass beans they use until you can no longer taste their inherent, terrible flavor.

Oh, and then there's this.

1 comment:

christa said...

you know, the coffee at my workplace sucks, too.
so i surreptitiously removed a note that caused it to be so sucky. ("use 5 scoops of coffee, please") now people make it with more than 5 scoops, which has made it more serviceable. barely.

i lamely add a spoonful of international foods coffee mix to my cup of our office coffee. it somehow makes it better.