Monday, November 06, 2006

bitten

Yesterday morning I was bitten by a dog while riding my bike on a local greenway trail. It was with it's owner, and not on a leash, and I guess it thought that my faster-moving self was prey and took a bit at my left leg (yes, the one that was broken).

I spent most of yesterday at the police station filling out a report and at the Urgent Care getting a tetanus shot and a prescription for antibiotics. I'm still rather cranky about the whole thing and mostly want to sit on the couch all day and eat chocolate.

1 comment:

elsacapuntas said...

not the same dog, so i'm afraid we've got more than one fucking human bastard out there. this dog was probably a shepard mix, but with a retriever-type shaped face. it was black and tan and pretty big - 80 or 90 lbs, I'd guess. the owner actually had a pit bull mix on a leash, but let this one loose.

i rode straight to the police station after i got bitten, but if you have more info on what sort of course of action i have for pressing charges, etc., please contact me offline. thanks, lisa!