Tuesday, October 17, 2006

in need of $

Man, I am broke. Moving (which I did a couple of months ago) will do it, but mostly my own poor budgeting and profligate spending is to blame. Now I'm feeling the need to get a little side job to help rebuild my savings, especially in light of looming grad school application fees and Christmas gifts.

I'm looking for something that would only be a few hours a week (3-5ish), doesn't require long-term commitment, and isn't in food service or retail. Unless that involves, I dunno, wine or fancy cheese or something. I don't do children, either.

Thus far I've come up with the following:

-prostitute. Nice in theory; licking the asshole of some nasty guy not so nice in practice. Also, STDs. Also, very displeased boyfriend. Also, potential of transvestite/transexual Michael Caine trying to kill you.
-ticket-taker at local arty theater. Very close by, dickumbrage connections, but potentially mind-numbing.
-GRE prep course teacher. Actually, I already have this job, but the only class available to teach right now is at a college almost two hours away. Also, I'm kind of tired of it because it requires a lot of effort to, you know, teach people stuff, and it requires a certain amount of out of classroom time.

Hm, not much a list, is it? Any ideas?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mystery shopper. Seriously. I do it. Xta does it. For $49.95 I'll tell you how for free.

Lisa B

elsacapuntas said...

Oh, mystery shopping! Is that the same thing as lifestyle coach? Close enough for me!

Tell me!

I once went shopping with a wealthy older friend (ok, so she's the only wealthy older friend I have) at some sort of fancy department store (Saks?) and decided that it would be a wonderful job to be her shopping assistant. It is great fun to spend other people's money.